The client is a major player in the US healthcare industry, serving thousands of health systems, LTPAC (Long Term and Post Acute Care) facilities, hospitals, ACOs, and managed care providers. They are dedicated to improving care and reducing costs, while also promoting interoperability between different healthcare organizations. With their services, healthcare providers can achieve better outcomes for their patients and improve the overall quality of care.
Healthcare organizations and LTPAC facilities face several challenges when it comes to patient care.
- Patient vitals need to be continuously monitored to ensure they remain within acceptable limits, but correlating these vitals against benchmarks and notifying physicians of any deviations is mostly done manually, making it tedious and time-consuming.
- Physicians also need to be alerted promptly if a patient’s condition deteriorates.
- Additionally, healthcare organizations need comprehensive views of admitted/discharged patients, hospital readmissions, and patients who need assistance.
- With the recent COVID pandemic, it’s become even more crucial to monitor the spread and severity of infectious diseases, as well as the effectiveness of vaccinations and any post-vaccination side effects.
- We developed a Healthcare Management System to address the challenge of manual patient data collection and alerting. This system integrates with EHR systems to collect patient data including demographics and vitals promptly.
- We also developed a flexible Domain Specific Language (DSL) to assist in defining rules for triggering alerts based on a patient’s medical condition. This dynamic no-code solution can evaluate single or multiple patient vitals at a given time or over a period of time and can accommodate varying requirements from different healthcare organizations or LTPAC facilities without requiring any code deployment. Clinical alerts with recommendations are then sent to physicians in real-time via a mobile app.
- Our solution resulted in significant cost savings for healthcare organizations and LTPAC facilities by reducing the rehospitalization rate by 52%
- The no-code solution made it easy to onboard new healthcare organizations. This supported their customized clinical alerts requirements without any dependency on the development team.
- Physicians receive only relevant alerts, leading to prompt and effective care while reducing human-induced errors. This is made possible by an automated process for alert generation and notification.
- Our solution improved overall interoperability between different healthcare organizations, enabling them to achieve better outcomes for their patients.
- The system also helped monitor the spread and severity of infectious diseases, as well as the effectiveness of vaccinations and any post-vaccination side effects. This contributed to better public health management.
Our company has teamed up with Tark for almost 7 years to collaborate on variety of projects. They are exceptionally capable in understanding not only business requirements but also the business itself. Beyond delivering functional software, they have consistently prioritized performance, user experience and technology stack upgradation. We’ve been able to rely on their architectural recommendations.
In our experience, most firms we’ve engaged with have struggled to balance requirements, deadlines, performance and usability, but Tark is a clear exception.