How Software are reshaping the healthcare industry
Today, the healthcare industry continues to undergo unprecedented advancement. Particularly this year, with the onset of the global pandemic, the healthcare system witnessed an upsurge in the burden along with the increased significance of providing quality healthcare services. Due to the CORONA crisis, healthcare organizations are rushing to harness the power of IT to become highly efficient at saving and improving lives, provide an excellent patient experience, and facilitate value-based care with modern technologies.
Deloitte has deduced that by 2023, the aggregate expenditure on healthcare will also see a rise. Moreover, as lockdowns were enforced around the world, there was an urgent need to adopt healthcare software development solutions.
However, it is important to note that most of the medical organizations do not possess the abilities or experience to work with healthcare software solutions. Hence, we have collated various aspects related to healthcare software development which are important to know, coupled with relevant recommendations to facilitate your company’s smooth operations amid the pandemic and its associated new rules.
What is Healthcare Software Development
Healthcare software development is associated with a series of activities that are necessary to resolve challenges within organizations positioned in the healthcare sector as well as facilitating good relations between the patients and their caregivers. Thus, various parameters such as clinical services, hospitals, medical equipment providers, financing for medicine, and research centres fall under the penumbra of this industry.
Within healthcare systems, development and advancement of software alter the ecosystem to enhance the quality and efficiency of healthcare services.
The technological advancement in question integrates recent developments in the industry such as machine learning, Big Data, and e-health, all of which enable organizations to improve the patient experience as well as the equipment that is required.
Healthcare Software Development Classification
- Healthcare Practice Management Software. Typically, organizations seek this technology as it enables them to maintain clinical workflow and augment daily tasks. Moreover, it also helps in maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, handling financial as well as accounting activities.
- EMR (Electronic Medical Record)Software. Both the maintenance as well as the management of data of patients in electronic records is facilitated by this design. The information incorporated in the reports include allergies, laboratory conclusions, medical history of a patient, and demographic statistics.
- Prescription Software. It enables the transmission of medical prescriptions directly to drug stores and pharmacies. Hence, it is not only convenient for patients but also enhances the connection within the industry.
- Online Urgent Care Service. This particular software combines various applications to allow patients to avail of emergency aid without visiting the hospital.
- Hospital Management System. The hospital management is optimized with the help of this set of technologies. These solutions help augment the operations of billing, assigning insurance, managing patient information, and administrative work.
- Healthcare CRM. This type of software aids in customer management. The primary objective is to maintain positive relations with clients, in various ways, such as providing a better quality of care, contact management, and accurate performance reports.
How Healthcare Software Development Companies Contributing in Improving the Quality of Life
In the field of healthcare, the increase in the demand for technological solutions has resulted in the development of healthcare software development companies with narrow specialization.
With the help of a wide range of optimization services, they provide help to non-governmental organizations, hospitals, and medical schools. Concurrently, the demand for enhancement requires finding a software development partner who is extremely dependable.
Typically, there has been an increase in the demand for IT-based solutions in medical institutions to optimize costs. Thus, there is a need for a software development company to enable greater financial efficiency.
Moreover, these technologies can offer data that can regulate financial KPIs, emergency analytics, and client behaviour. These factors justify the expenses associated with a healthcare software development company.
Generally, healthcare software development companies offer three different types of service:
- Healthcare software — which includes the technologies related to enhancing the quality of care and aiding in data management.
- Healthcare apps — which basically offer the mobile solutions for tracking and communication on health conditions.
- Custom software — these software or mobile solutions are devised upon requests posed by the clients and are typically associated with a specific task.
Healthcare Software Development Companies
Essentially, healthcare software development companies direct their efforts towards devising task-oriented solutions in order to develop san accurate result that satisfies a client. Needless to say, the most ambitious objective of any advancement in technology is to create an all-in-one healthcare ecosystem. Thus, a high-end software development company will provide holistic solutions, which include assistance in cloud technologies, IT consulting, application development, and software outsourcing.
Although the arena of digital transformation in the healthcare industry is clouded by uncertainty and several challenges, with our expertise, we could consider different technologies and solutions for a software consultancy.
It is interesting to note that Tark is popular for proposing apt solutions to resolve various challenges related to healthcare industry, while concurrently evading failures in implementing them. If you have any queries in relation to this, get in touch with our experts.
Brief About Custom Healthcare Software Development
As we all know, healthcare organizations vary on the services and solutions they offer. Hence the needs of the clients also differ, which led to the rise of custom healthcare software development wherein the client’s customized needs are met. This system has several advantages, including the fact that it enables medical institutions to establish a unified platform for storing medical information. Consequently, every applicant can enjoy higher inclusiveness, performance, and scalability.
Typically, clients seek custom healthcare software development when they are in search of a customized solution for any of these challenges or requirements:
- Use of patient records to optimize work
- Enabling communication between healthcare staff and patients
- Facilitating easy development and interchange of individual health plans and strategies
- Ensuring accurate diagnoses of problem
- In case your requirements align with any of these requests, a custom solution can be sought.
Offshore Software Development For Healthcare
Ideally, for the software development healthcare industry, it would be optimal to operate under a cost-effective offshore model.
This approach enables entities to get in touch with the top developers and evade the limitations associated with availability of skilled resources in particular region and cost to some extent. Furthermore, every country operates under different economic conditions and thus, clients are allowed to choose from various pricing models. Furthermore, the offshore solution fastens the implementation of the software changes that are requested.
When you are selecting your offshore partner for your healthcare product, it is important to make sure that the provider can demonstrate these capabilities:
- Safeguarding of intellectual property
- Ensure your app’s protection
- Cost effectiveness
- To effectively handle the cultural differences resulted due to distributed teams
Particulars Of Healthcare Software Application Development
Software developers working in the healthcare industry direct substantial efforts towards developing user-friendly and attractive apps.
Thus, this solution narrows down the areas of improvement to specific aspects such as incorporating an appointment system, a platform for laboratory control, and a mobile nutrition app. Needless to say, it is the robustness of the design coupled with the needs of a client that determine the number of features.
Moreover, combining features of a smartphone along with the requisite solutions can substantially enhance the service that an app offers. Specifically, the features of mobile healthcare apps such as GPS navigation to the clinic, push notifications acting as reminders, and file sharing through electronic libraries can prove to be extremely resourceful to the user.
Offshore Software Development for Healthcare
It is possible to categorize mobile apps based on such sets of solutions:
- For doctors — shift from manual prescriptions to the automation of the task, automation of patient visits, as well as personnel communication
- For patients — features to schedule appointments online, obtain results and enjoy the advantages of push notifications
- For clinics — the ability to regulate finances and equipment, quality of services, and flow of data
- For self-care — apps to help users maintain a healthy lifestyle through tracking of fitness and nutrition
- For health control — various applications that are useful in tracking the main body parameters and treatment progress
Benefits Of Healthcare Apps
There are various advantages that healthcare apps offer, among which, the most prominent ones are that the medical institutions can provide a better quality of healthcare and consequently, enhance client satisfaction. Particularly, software solutions such as electronic record keeping, data analytics, content management, CRM, portals for medical staff and patients are extremely resourceful.
These set of tools provide a digital platform wherein complaints and suggestions can be communicated, thereby improving transparency as well as efficiency in responses to such challenges. There are several advantages that custom healthcare software development provide, such as:
- Improved organization as well as awareness of the health system, thereby enabling to develop patient plans for individuals
- An approach centred on wellness
- Satiating the increasing demand for virtual health service
- Enhanced accuracy of treatment
- Possibility to handle the problems of population health
- Enhanced consumer engagement
- Better security as well as control management of important data
- Accessibility to innovative technologies as well as alternative sources of revenue
Software Development Life Cycle
The Healthcare sector requires software development practices to be tuned to align with its needs. The widely used steps for leading medical software development process are:
- Requirements Analysis: Obtaining information regarding healthcare organization in order to gauge the requirements that must be addressed.
- Planning: Estimating the cost, time and resources required for building the application.
- Design and Implementation: developing a solution as per requirement specifications
- Software Testing: making sure that the software is devoid of bugs, flaws, and other issues
- Release: Launching the software to real world users.
- Maintenance: Adding the new features and fixing of bugs identified after releasing the product.
The processes are slightly altered for custom healthcare software
- Identify the userbase — understand the clients’ patterned behaviour, preferences and tastes
- Architecture design — develop an elaborate idea of the solution which aligns with the requirements of your target audience
- UI/UX design — the usability as well as intuitiveness of the app must be explored in detail for a customized solution
- Secure technology — to protect data, encryption must be integrated
- Integration with third party software/apps — usually, such a solution becomes a part of the larger IT infrastructure of an entity
How IT Consulting is shaping the future of Healthcare industry
Deloitte has revealed that the healthcare sector’s future will revolve around trying to prevent illnesses and offering early treatment as opposed to merely treating symptoms. Thus, healthcare custom software development advances this possibility as it creates space wherein doctors and patients can communicate effectively. Soon enough, the world will witness an increase in the trust as well as the accuracy of the medical service provided.
Moreover, these developments will enhance the approach of human-centeredness, thereby expending substantial efforts to create value. Along these lines, it is important to note that patient portals demonstrate high potential. Several perks of various solutions in the sector are integrated together, including optimal treatment plans, ease of monitoring health progress, and the possibility of online professional consultations.
Furthermore, these perks result in a healthcare system that is value-based. From a business perspective, technological advancements will lead to better brand management, reputation, and service delivery.
The popular trends of software development in the sector healthcare are:
Increased attention towards self-care and online communication (particularly on a patient portal). Individuals prefer to maintain their health without consuming medicines or visiting a hospital, and instead by maintaining contact with their doctors remotely,
- Artificial Intelligence: AI can significantly help in early diagnoses and treatment of diseases
- EMR and Data Analytics. Today, the world will witness the digitalization of every medical record and all the specializations will be linked via this process.
- Online consultation. This technology enhances better remote connections between physicians and patients, thereby removing the limitations of conventional barriers.
- Blockchain Technology. With the integration of this technology, the sector will witness increased democratization. That is because blockchain divulges internal operations in a secure manner, thereby ensuring that the process is transparent, trustworthy, and collaborative.
- Artificial Intelligence: The accuracy of both diagnoses and treatment plans are enhanced with this technology.
Although there is substantial potential when it comes to healthcare IT solutions, there are several challenges as well. The primary concern is related to the safety of the system that incorporates digital solutions. Further, Big Data also results in issues with its management, and thus, causes problems in software maintenance.
How Can Tark Help You in Building Solution For Your Unique Requirements
Tark Technologies being a healthcare software development company, organizations can enjoy optimal assistance in terms of both the design and execution of different types of healthcare software. We offer end-to-end solutions based on your needs, which will be integrated into your IT infrastructure seamlessly.
Our path-breaking solutions empower companies and enable them to transform their system due to our data-driven approach. If your organization is ready to be the pioneer in the industry, we urge you to get in touch with us. Connect with our experts to learn more about what we offer and how you can enjoy our services optimally.